As a nonprofit organization, Savannah Tree Foundation thrives on the hands-on volunteer and financial support of community members like you. Whether you want to support the preservation, protection and planting of canopy trees as an individual, a small business or a large corporation, there are plenty of ways to go about ensuring our community keeps its canopy intact:
- Memberships start at $50 and include a variety of benefits
- Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. If you have time and energy to give, we have a way to use it!
- Our Plant a Tree program enables you to plant trees in honor of or in memory of someone special for as little as $50
- Sponsor our Fall Frolic fundraiser as either a Roots Patron or buy tickets for this festive celebration of trees.
- In kind donations are always needed and are a great way to write off donations. Office equipment, tools, event supplies, and the like are always needed. We maintain a wish list so if you’re thinking about donating gifts of property, talk to us.
- Planned giving, bequests and gifts of stock are also always welcome. We maintain active policies and are happy to discuss any plans you may want to make to benefit canopy trees in Chatham County.
- Employee matching gift programs are always welcome. Talk to your Human Resources professionals about setting up an account with the Savannah Tree Foundation.
Small Businesses & Corporations
- Corporate Memberships start at $500 and include a variety of benefits, including having your logo on our website
- Corporate and small business volunteer groups are a great way to encourage communication, foster teamwork, and develop new leadership skills, all while helping the community. Volunteering together can become a key component of your corporate philanthropic efforts – and what better way to get to know each other than by getting your hands dirty outside of the office? Savannah Tree Foundation can create a memorable event just for your team or you can join pre-planned activities that can always use helping hands. Contact us for details.
- Our Plant a Tree program enables your business to honor or memorialize people who have helped you along the way
- Corporate Sponsorships offers our business partners multiple opportunities to underwrite special events and public programming. An excellent method to raise awareness of your company’s commitment to environmental sustainability, corporate sponsorship provides measurable benefits to both coastal Georgia’s natural resources and to your bottom line. Sponsorships range from $250 up to $10,000 and above, depending on the event and level of commitment. There are a variety of events to choose from:
- Community Volunteer Tree Plantings
- Tree Pruning & Mulching Workshops
- Arbor Day Education and/or Tree Planting
- Advacacy Newsletter to preserve and protect trees in Chatham County
- Partnership opportunities exist, especially as they relate to tree planting projects or other community endeavors. We often need donations of equipment rentals like augers and backhoes, hands on assistance with tree planting or tree maintenance work, and other chances to get your company’s name out there and aligned with sustainable business practices.
- In kind donations are also needed and are a great way to write off extra retail stock. Office equipment, tree planting tools (like rakes and shovels), tree supplies like arbor ties and gator bags, other event supplies, and the like are always needed. We maintain a wish list so if you’re thinking about donating gifts of property, please call.
- Employee matching gift programs are always welcome. If you want to explore setting one up with your company to encourage donations, please call.