Our mission is to preserve, protect and plant canopy trees in Chatham County, Georgia. The Savannah Tree Foundation promotes, through direct action and education, an awareness of trees as vital environmental resources and an important part of our cultural heritage.
Our key program areas are:
- Community volunteer tree plantings
- Tree care & maintenance workshops
- Educational presentations & programming about the value & benefits of trees
- Public policy work and grassroots advocacy for trees at neighborhood, community, local, state, regional & national levels
- Stewards of the Candler Oak & other current projects such as developing natural walking trails at Bacon Park Forest for the City of Savannah and installing landscaping projects for Chatham County